What is an Uncorked Canvas® class like?
I signed up for a class, but can't find my confirmation email!
If you still can’t find it, you can view a confirmation email sample. If you’d simply like to confirm that we’ve got you registered on our end, feel free to contact us. Looking forward to seeing you soon!
I missed a painting that I really wanted to paint! How often will you repeat paintings?
Can I bring food?
Of course! Uncorked Canvas is a social setting: we encourage bringing food for yourself and to share with your table (or with the whole class, if you’d like). There will be 1-2 breaks during the class where you can enjoy your food and drink.
Can I bring wine/alcohol to a public painting event?
Local law prohibits bringing your own alcohol to any public events. For more info, find your location below.
Tacoma: Our studio at 1121 A Street is a tavern serving a selection of wines and beers, therefore no outside alcohol is allowed, whether for public or private events. This location is also 21+ only. There are a ton of fantastic restaurants within 1 mile of our studio! You can bring outside food to any event. Here are just some of the restaurants nearby on Yelp (and some deliver!)
Seattle: We already provide plenty of choices for drinks (included in the event cost). Please note: There are limitations imposed on us by the State of Washington that restrict how we, as an Art Gallery, may serve alcoholic beverages at public events. For more information, see RCW 66.12.240. Our Seattle location is not a bar, so all ages can attend our Seattle events.
Do I need to sign up in advance?
What is the cost of an Uncorked Canvas® class?
(If you are looking for information on the costs of our Private Events, choose which type you’d prefer for more information!)
What is included in the price for a public event?
What do I wear?
What time do I need to arrive for a class?
What size is the painting canvas?
Does Uncorked Canvas™ hold private events?
- Studio Events (private event held in one of our studio locations, min. 10 painters*)
- Travel Events (private event at an offsite location, min. 15 painters)
- Hosted Events (event held in YOUR venue, but managed by us!)
You choose the painting, or have one of our artist design a unique painting for you (commission fees may apply). We can also work with local caterers to manage the event for you.
Travel Events can be booked Tuesdays through Thursdays, and possibly Sundays with enough advance booking. We currently are unable to schedule Travel Events on Fridays or Saturdays at this time. Limitations for distances may apply, subject to availability.
Looking to host a public event in your venue? Check out our Hosted Events!
*Higher minimums may apply, depending on studio location and day requested.
Can we have a paint party at the same time as another event?
Seattle: At this time in our West Seattle studio we have no additional space available for Studio Events if a public event is scheduled. However, you are welcome to attend a public event with your party – we’ll make sure space is reserved for you, just let us know in the comments area of your form during registration!
What's parking like in the area?
The Tacoma location of Uncorked Canvas is downtown, so most parking is metered until 6pm Monday-Saturday (Sundays are free). Here’s a handy-dandy map of parking near our Tacoma studio.
Our Seattle location is in the Westwood Village Mall, on the northeast side of the complex, across from 24-Hour Fitness. The nearest parking lot is between Starbucks and Marshall’s, or Bed Bath & Beyond. We’re located in the landscaped breezeway!
How can I stay up to date on Uncorked Canvas™?
Is your building wheelchair accessible?
Tacoma location: Yes, our main studio is fully accessable. Unfortunately our annex (private party room) is up a short flight of stairs with no elevator access.
Seattle location: Yes, there are ramps on all sidewalks from disabled parking spaces in the lot, and our door is wheelchair-accessible!
Are there age restrictions for any of your events? If there's alcohol, can guests under 21 years old attend?
Tacoma Location: Sorry, we are now a 21+ establishment serving wine, beer, and related beverages. We also have a selection on non-alcoholic drinks as well.
Seattle Location: All-ages gallery venue.
It is up to children’s guardians to decide what paintings are suitable for them; usually 12-year-olds are ready to move to “adult” paintings, but any age is welcome to all of the events (adults are welcome to the “kids” paintings, too!). If you have questions about specific paintings, feel free to contact us with questions.
Cancellations can be made online at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling . No refunds will be given for reservations not cancelled 48 hours in advance.
20 minutes after the event start time, our doors will be locked. Please plan ahead!
When you register for an event, we commit our studio and our instructors’ time to teach, but also spend extra time to prepare the space for you. Because of that, we cannot offer refunds without 48 hours notice, and for private events, we need two weeks in order to re-book that time slot (or your deposit will not be returned).
For more info on what to expect once you register, you can see an example of your Confirmation E-mail Sample.
If you want more information on returning Uncorked Canvas merchandise, please view our full Refund Policy.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.