What is an Uncorked Canvas® class like?
I signed up for a class, but can't find my confirmation email!
If you still can’t find it, you can view a confirmation email sample. If you’d simply like to confirm that we’ve got you registered on our end, feel free to contact us. Looking forward to seeing you soon!
I missed a painting that I really wanted to paint! How often will you repeat paintings?
Can I bring food?
Of course! Uncorked Canvas is a social setting: we encourage bringing food for yourself and to share with your table (or with the whole class, if you’d like). There will be 1-2 breaks during the class where you can enjoy your food and drink.
Can I bring wine/alcohol to a public painting event?
Local law prohibits bringing your own alcohol to any public events. For more info, find your location below.
Tacoma: Our studio at 1121 A Street is a tavern serving a selection of wines and beers, therefore no outside alcohol is allowed, whether for public or private events. This location is also 21+ only. There are a ton of fantastic restaurants within 1 mile of our studio! You can bring outside food to any event. Here are just some of the restaurants nearby on Yelp (and some deliver!)
Do I need to sign up in advance?
What is the cost of an Uncorked Canvas® class?
(If you are looking for information on the costs of our Private Events, choose which type you’d prefer for more information!)
What is included in the price for a public event?
We provide canvases, paint, brushes, easels, aprons, and helpful and patient instruction from a skilled artist.
What do I wear?
What time do I need to arrive for a class?
What size is the painting canvas?
Does Uncorked Canvas™ hold private events?
Absolutely! We have three types of private events:
- Studio Events (private event held in one of our studio locations, min. 10 painters*)
- Travel Events (private event at an offsite location, min. 15 painters)
- Hosted Events (event held in YOUR venue, but managed by us!)
You choose the painting, or have one of our artist design a unique painting for you (commission fees may apply). We can also work with local caterers to manage the event for you.
Travel Events can be booked Tuesday-Saturday, depending on the availability of instructions. Contact us early for weekend times. Limitations for distances may apply, subject to availability.
Looking to host a public event in your venue? Check out our Hosted Events!
*Higher minimums may apply, depending on studio location and day requested.
Can we have a paint party at the same time as another event?
Tacoma: Yes! At our Tacoma studio we have our Annex room available for Studio Events, and it can be booked for almost any time. The space will very comfortably fit 13-14 painters, and costs nothing additional to reserve. Find out more about our private Studio Events here!
What's parking like in the area?
The Tacoma location of Uncorked Canvas is downtown, so most parking is metered until 6pm Monday-Saturday (Sundays are free). Here’s a handy-dandy map of parking near our Tacoma studio.
Our Seattle location is in the Westwood Village Mall, on the northeast side of the complex, across from 24-Hour Fitness. The nearest parking lot is between Starbucks and Marshall’s, or Bed Bath & Beyond. We’re located in the landscaped breezeway!
How can I stay up to date on Uncorked Canvas™?
Is your building wheelchair accessible?
Tacoma location: Yes, our main studio is fully accessible, and this is where our public events take place. If you are a part of a private event, you may be in the Annex room, which is up a single flight of stairs. You can always contact us to be sure which room your event is in.
Are there age restrictions for any of your events? If there's alcohol, can guests under 21 years old attend?
Tacoma Location: Sorry, we are now a 21+ establishment serving wine, beer, and related beverages. We also have a selection on non-alcoholic drinks as well.
Seattle Location: All-ages gallery venue.
It is up to children’s guardians to decide what paintings are suitable for them; usually 12-year-olds are ready to move to “adult” paintings, but any age is welcome to all of the events (adults are welcome to the “kids” paintings, too!). If you have questions about specific paintings, feel free to contact us with questions.
Cancellations are required 24 hours in advance of the event in order to receive a credit for a future event (call/e-mail in the case of an emergency). No-shows forfeit their tickets. Late arrivals who arrive too late to participate forfeit their tickets. Events are not cancelled due to weather unless main city streets or highways are closed. You can expect a call near the event time with information if this occurs.
20 minutes after the event start time, our doors will be locked. Please plan ahead!
All tickets are purchased on a strictly no-refund basis. If you can’t make an event, there are still options:
For more info on what to expect once you register as well as info in what do if you can’t attend an event you have tickets for, you can see an example of your Confirmation E-mail Sample.
If you want more information on returning Uncorked Canvas merchandise, please view our full Refund Policy.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.